Thursday, October 2, 2008

So the journey begins....

Every author in some way portrays himself in his works, even if it be against his will. -Goethe


I honestly can't tell you exactly why I started this blog. I could live my entire life without anyone reading anything I wrote or thought. The thought of you reading this, whoever you are, scares me to death. Yet for weeks I have been encouraged more and more from the Lord to write. Writing is natural for me for whatever reason still unseen. It might have to do with the fact that I think about things occasionally.....alright....a LOT. Anyone who is close to me knows that I'm slow to speak. Not because I don't have anything to say rather I have too much to say. I internalize everything and for some strange reason see things as a big picture. Some call this a good trait; I call it bitter curse. So today I'm coming clean to the whole world: I'm a thinker!

The only expectations I have of this blog is to write words that makes sentences that turn into paragraphs. I simply want to get all my thoughts out while at the same time fulfilling my love of writing and communicating. The Lord has put several things on my heart to write about. Everyday its something new and I honestly have not been a good steward of what He has beckoned my heart to write.

The ultimate goal in all this is to glorify the name of Jesus in every word and thought that I write. Any opinions I give from myself is only a mediocre attempt to understand and grasp the character of God. My hope is that you'll stop by everyday and read my latest blog. I don't care if you comment or not. I don't care if you agree or not. I want you to be encouraged and realize that you are not alone in life. We all have the same issues. We all think about the same things. We all have the same doubts.

My heart's cry is that we would fearfully render our hearts and embrace, as Paul states so beautifully in 2 Corinthians 1:2-7:

"...the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of mercies and God of all comfort, who comforts us in all our affliction, so that we may be able to comfort those who are in any affliction, with the comfort with which we ourselves are comforted by God. For as we share abundantly in Christ’s sufferings, so through Christ we share abundantly in comfort too. If we are afflicted, it is for your comfort and salvation; and if we are comforted, it is for your comfort, which you experience when you patiently endure the same sufferings that we suffer. Our hope for you is unshaken, for we know that as you share in our sufferings, you will also share in our comfort."


3 comments:

Rachel said...

I know I'll be stopping by everyday... I love the way you write... Very intriguing and engaging style. -rach

Unknown said...

I am excited to have this window into your soul!! Thank you for sharing this part of you. I will be a regular visitor to your blog.

Janette said...

You have a tender heart like your heavenly Father and your earthly father. I am truly blessed by what the Lord is putting on your heart to share. I look forward to following your journey! I am so proud and grateful to have a son like you! Keep listening......keep writing......keep thinking!!!!!!